Gluten Free Diet: Slimming, benefits and food
Gluten-free diets have become the solution for all those who do not want to find gluten in their diet (present for example in wheat, oats or rye) because they are celiac, but also because of the desire to lose weight. . Let's see then what is the Diet without Gluten: Slimming, benefits and food.
What is a Gluten-free diet?
Gluten is something that in a (relatively) easy way we can eliminate from our diet, something that is completely mandatory for people who are celiac.
Gluten is a key protein in our diet. Therefore, eliminating it does not create nutritional imbalances. Being present in many cereals, it is enough to eliminate them from the diet although we will have the need to eat vegetables, fruits and vegetables to compensate for the lack of plant fibers .
In recent years, the immunogenic characterization of gluten, the identification of intestinal syndromes characterized by a greater sensitivity to gluten and the appearance of new food trends, have also led to an exponential increase in the number of non-celiac people subjected to gluten-free diets.
In this scenario, many athletes have also tested the effects of a gluten-free diet on their skin, describing the overall improvements so that it begins to be applied for those who want to lose weight as we will see later.
The benefits of a gluten-free diet
Apart from being something recommended in the case of having any type of problem with gluten, gluten-free diets provide several benefits to treat other diseases or ailments. In this way, can benefit people with:
- impaired intestinal function
- irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- changes in the intestinal microbiome
So we can point out the following benefits:
- Improve levels of cholesterol
- Promote health digestive
- Increase levels of energy
- Eliminate unhealthy and processed foods from your diet (oils, fried foods, breads and desserts, to name a few).
- Makes you more prone to eat fruits and vegetables because they are all gluten-free
- Reduce the risk of heart disease , certain cancers and diabetes
- Help prevent viruses and germs, since many of the foods you eat now contain more antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
- Promote weight loss healthy
- Improve the health of people with irritable bowel syndrome and arthritis
- Te allows you to have a clearly improved knowledge of foods that can have an adverse effect on your health
The diet without gluten to lose weight
There are many benefits of making a gluten-free diet, but we can also apply this to try to lose weight although there is absolutely no evidence that simply getting rid of gluten can lose weight.
However, eating gluten-free can often cause you to eat more whole and unprocessed foods , such as fruits, vegetables , legumes and lean meats.And that in the long run, can turn into an obvious weight loss.
Diet without Gluten
In this way, either that we want to make a diet without gluten for medical reasons, or one to lose weight, it will be good that we also know which are those foods that do not contain gluten.
- Cereals, Flours and Tubers : rice, corn, millet, wheat, cassava, amaranth, sorghum, quinoa.
- Fruits, vegetables and legumes : all types of fruit (fresh, dried , in syrup).
All types of vegetables (fresh, frozen, etc.) also those that are preserved (in oil, pickled, in salt, etc.). All legumes: beans, peas, lentils, chickpeas, lupins, beans, soybeans, etc ..
- Milk and derivative: milk, yogurt, cheese, cream.
- Meat, fish and eggs : all types of meat and fish, fresh, frozen, deep-frozen, natural, in oil, in salt, etc ...
- Seasoning fats : fats of animal origin: butter, lard and vegetable fats: vegetable oils (to be preferred extra virgin olive oil).
- Sugars, sweets and drinks : all sugars (sucrose, dextrose, fructose, etc.), honey, fruit juices or other, carbonated drinks (such as Coca-Cola), coffee, wine, rum, brandy, tequila, cognac, whiskey Scottish.
Recipes without gluten
Finally, we want to help you in your gluten-free diet so that we are going to explain below, a series of gluten-free recipes:
Pizza gluten free and lactose free
For those who are gluten intolerant, or those who make a gluten diet may not find the way to eat a good pizza , but with this recipe of gluten-free and lactose-free pizza , the result is guaranteed .
Ingredients for the pizza dough
- 560 g of gluten-free pizza flour
- 25 g of yeast
- 360 g of water
- 30 g of extra virgin olive oil
- 60 g poolish (mother mass)
- 12 g of salt
For the filling:
- 400 g of tomato pulp seasoned to taste
- 600 g of grilled vegetables (peppers, zucchini, eggplant)
- 400 g of lactose-free mozzarella cheese
- 100 g of extra virgin olive oil
We will start preparing the dough by mixing the h Arina with the poolish in a bowl until you get a homogeneous mixture. Add the remaining ingredients to the dough and mix well.
Transfer the dough to a slightly greased bowl and let it sit overnight in the fridge.
After resting, place the dough on the table (with a little flour) and work a few seconds, until the consistency becomes plastic and workable.
Part the dough by dividing it into 4 parts, then, with lightly greasy hands, bring it to an aluminum tin with little oil. Cover with a film of film and let it rest in a warm place for about an hour.
Bake for cooking before 180-190 ° C and cook until the product starts. to take a light color.
Remove from the oven , spread a thin layer of tomato pulp, stuffed with mozzarella and vegetables, and then bake again at 230-240 ° C for the finish.The recipe that we are going to explain is suitable for everyone: vegetarians, vegans, celiac and intolerant to eggs and lactose, but also for people who want to lose weight.
Ingredients (for six people ):
- 150 gr of quinoa
- 200 gr of cannellini beans (Italian) boiled
- 1/2 of onion
- sweet paprika
Rinse the quinoa several times under the stream of water, rubbing the beans well. Then place it in a saucepan with 300 g of water and cook for 10 minutes from boiling.
If the water has not completely evaporated, drain it . Then place it in a bowl and allow it to cool, slicing the beans from time to time with the teeth of a fork.
Mix the beans with the onion, the basil, the salt and the paprika. Pour the obtained cream into the container with the quinoa. Mix everything well.
Then, Form 6 meatballs and place them on a sheet of parchment paper and crush until it forms hamburgers and take to the refrigerator for 30 minutes.