About Accurate Biometrics and reviews
Why should you choose Accurate Biometrics for your fingerprinting needs?
“You have a great customer service staff. I needed my TCN number from being printed - took all of 5 minutes on the phone - staff was very pleasant and helpful” – Customer
“I would definitely recommend Accurate Biometrics for anyone wanting to check just to be sure your report is clear.” – David
“I look forward to referring my students to your company; the service that I received personally at your Springfield, IL location was very fast and professional.” – Michael, Concealed Carry Instructor
“I needed to have a background check completed and after a quick google search I found Accurate Biometrics. I went to the website, downloaded the required form and presented it to the technician upon my arrival. He scanned my fingerprints and I was done in less than 10 minutes. Quick and painless experience” – Sonya
“The technicians handling the fingerprint processing this morning were speedy, personable, knowledgeable and helpful. Great customer service, no snags or hesitations, guesswork on their part. Despite the crowd, I was out of there in 15 minutes! Good work!” – John
“Customer service was friendly and prompt when I called to inquire about fingerprinting. I also checked out there website and it explains in great detail how to request fingerprinting services and what you need to provide. I did an out of state mail in request, which they processed in 24 hours. I thought that was pretty fast service. They also sent an email confirmation to let me know that it was received and completed.” – Nina
“I utilized Accurate Biometrics when I applied for my Concealed Carry Instructor Permit. The process was quick and professional and I would be pleased to refer students to your facilities.” – Roger, Concealed Carry Instructor
“Professional, quick, in and out” – Eric
Company Management Profiles
Accurate Biometrics is a State Certified Woman-Owned Small Business and a Federally Certified Woman Owned Small Business with the Women's Chamber of Commerce (W.O.S.B.). We are a service corporation that has been in business since 2000, dedicated to providing fingerprint based background checks and identity services to public and private sector agencies and organizations. The following points illustrate Accurate Biometrics' commitment to the industry of fingerprint-based criminal history background checks as well as how Accurate Biometrics sets itself apart from others in the industry.
- The owner of Accurate Biometrics, Peggy Critchfield, was a 2008 and 2014 nominee for the prestigious Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Award.
- Accurate Biometrics was chosen by the FBI to be one of only 13 companies in the U.S. to be awarded a contract from the FBI for fingerprint “channeling” services for clients throughout the United States. Accurate Biometrics was the FIRST channeling agency approved to provide FBI criminal history responses to an individual pursuant to Departmental Order 556-73. Accurate Biometrics management staff have participated in the FBI CJIS Compact Council meetings since 2006, representing its voice regarding legislation on a federal level to meet the needs of its clients.
- Accurate Biometrics was chosen as the sole vendor to conduct the federal pilot project for the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- We have partnered with highly experienced Oracle database development companies, to provide an efficient, proprietary, streamlined and automated process for our clients. Our investment in technology allows our business model to expand our services to any state in the country and provide customized services to meet our customers’ requirements.
- We utilize our own staff of fingerprint technicians, or certified agents, so we take full responsibility and control over data input and fingerprint capture quality. This also allows us to send our technicians to a customer’s location for special group fingerprinting sessions. These “On-Site Specials” are often utilized by our customers and are greatly appreciated, especially with today’s current price of fuel.
- Our fingerprint process is convenient and efficient and provides our clients with criminal background checks from state repositories and the FBI in a matter of hours.
- We have captured and transmitted over 1,000,000 sets of fingerprints for over 1,400 satisfied organizations.
- By Illinois Legislative Authority, Accurate Biometrics was the only member of the Livescan Fingerprint Services industry appointed to the Illinois Department of Public Health Criminal History Task Force whose mission was to review and report to the General Assembly on the statewide criminal history request process and provide recommendations for system improvements. This task force met monthly January through December 2010 and concluded with a comprehensive report to the Illinois General Assembly in January 2011.
- To illustrate our commitment to the industry of fingerprint background checks, we are members of a select number of professional organizations which enable our management staff to stay current with legislation and policy affecting our customers.
- Better Business Bureau
- US Women’s Chamber of Commerce
- Leading Age Illinois
- Various Medical Cannabis Groups
- National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS)
- National Native American Background Investigations and Technology
- We have invested in leading edge, customized technology with an experienced staff that delivers accurate, expeditious fingerprinting services.
- We take great pride in our ability to deliver a very high level of customer service satisfaction; whether it is a customer needing assistance with site location, or a large State agency requesting a special on-site group fingerprint session—ALL customers are important to us and are treated with respect and extreme professionalism.
Our Core Values—Who We Are
- We are professional – anything worth doing, is worth doing right. We maintain a professional looking environment and our staff project a professional attitude and appearance.
- We empower our staff to make good decisions, if they error in their judgment, we use that as a learning opportunity and provide help and support to our employees.
- We are thorough—we have an attention to detail, and we act with a sense of urgency on customer and fellow employee requests.
- We do what’s right; not what’s quick and easy.
- We respect each other.
- We are enthusiastic and hard working—no one will out-work us.
- We are not afraid to humble ourselves if we make a mistake—we admit it and correct it quickly.
- We will do everything possible to make the fingerprinting transaction an enjoyable experience.
- We have high ethical and moral values.
- We have a strict separation of business and personal affairs.
- We are quality oriented: we understand procurement officers are tired of empty promises and the delivery of mediocre services; they demand total quality and conformance to requirements in every product and service they purchase.
- We are Service oriented—we never forget who the customer is.
- We are perceptive—we trust our instincts.
- We are nimble and quick—we aren’t tied down with anchors that prevent quick change.
- We are fair, firm, and consistent in everything we do.
Our Core Values—What We Believe
- We believe for every decision we make, for every asset we purchase, we must ask, “What will this do for our customers?”
- We believe if it isn’t broke, break it—we start with the answer.
- We believe an employee asking questions is a sign of strength—not weakness.
- We believe “it’s all about the who, not the what”—our staff is our biggest competitive advantage.
- We believe effective communication is the breakfast of champions.
Accurate Biometrics’ greatest reference is reflected in its long-standing relationship with its customers. We have experience in managing fingerprint services and allocating the necessary resources to meet the demand. Please review our reference list by clicking here.These references and project descriptions are a testimony to our job of providing outstanding fingerprinting services that exceed our customers’ expectations.
References - A Complete Listing With Project Descriptions Available Upon Request
Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) - Accurate Biometrics was one of the first fingerprinting companies to be awarded a “Channeling” contract allowing us to send fingerprints directly to the FBI for certain agencies/organizations who have been granted access by federal statute to the FBI’s Criminal History Records Information database. We maintain our channeling contract with the FBI today.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) - Accurate Biometrics proudly provides our fingerprinting services nationwide to CMS for their background checks on Medicare providers and suppliers as a part of their fraud prevention requirements. Not only do we provide fingerprinting channeling services to the FBI, but also adjudication services for CMS.
State of Illinois Master Fingerprinting Contract - providing livescan fingerprinting services State-wide to the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS), and Illinois Department of Human Services (DHS) - To date, Accurate Biometrics has fingerprinted over 500,000 individuals for DCFS licensing and employment. Our services are provided at over 50 sites throughout the State of Illinois. Our fingerprint capture and transmission yields a State and FBI (where applicable) criminal history response sent electronically to DCFS. DCFS is the primary customer within the Illinois Master Fingerprinting contract held by Accurate Biometrics.
California Department of Insurance - Accurate Biometrics provides livescan fingerprinting services for in-state applicants, and card-scan services for all out-of-state applicants wanting to get licensed in California.
Illinois Department of Public Health- Healthcare Worker Background Check - Starting in August 2006, Accurate Biometrics was selected to implement the Federal Health Care Worker Registry pilot program, for long term care employees with direct access to patients. In May 2009, we were awarded a contract to fingerprint non-licensed health care workers, and we maintain that contract today.
Illinois Secretary of State - Since 2002, Accurate Biometrics has captured fingerprints for residents applying for state-required licenses that are issued and monitored by the Illinois Secretary of State. Accurate Biometrics captures fingerprints for Illinois School and Charter Bus licensing.
Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation - Since 2002, Accurate Biometrics has captured fingerprints for residents applying for state-required professional licenses. Accurate Biometrics has executed a User Agreement with IDFPR to provide fingerprint services for nursing, security guards, lock smiths and loan originators.
LOCAL MUNICIPAL CONTRACTS
The Chicago Board of Education (Chicago Public Schools) - Accurate Biometrics is proud of its ten year relationship with Chicago Public Schools. We were awarded our first contract in late December 2000 and were asked to have our fingerprint operation up and running by January 2, 2001. We succeeded in mobilizing our resources and implementing the project in just two and a half weeks.
Illinois Institutions of Higher Education - We provide onsite fingerprint capture for students and employees requiring a criminal history background check to satisfy requirements within the human resource department, education, child care, nursing and/or CNA programs for many of the Illinois Institutions of Higher Education including:
- Illinois Community Colleges
- Illinois Public Universities
- Private Universities
Chicago Archdiocese - as a requirement of the Adam Walsh Act of 2008, Accurate Biometrics was chosen to be the exclusive fingerprint provider for the Chicago Archdiocese and other Diocese throughout Illinois. We maintain this contract today.
- ACCEPTED FORMS OF PAYMENT
- All Major Credit Cards
- Money Order
- Cashier's Check
- Company/Agency Check
- Pre-approved Billing Terms
**** Cash or personal checks are no longer accepted ****